Friday, March 7, 2008

MARCH 7, 2008 - MORE SERIOUS NEWS


Update on Mom's biopsy results, as some of you already know from me, have read Joi's blog, or you may not know, dad, Joi and myself all went with my mom to her doctor's appointment today. The doctor gave her the bad news that her breast biopsy results were diagnosed as cancerous. Mom will be having a double mastectomy within the next 2-3 weeks. At that time, the doctor will perform the mastectomies and he will take out lymph nodes and check them for cancer. If the nodes are cancer free, then all mom will have to recuperate. If the nodes are cancerous, then she will have to undergo chemotherapy and radiation. The doctor seems to be hopeful, as the lymphatic tissue he removed from the breast and her blood, all tested cancer free. Our prayers are that the lymph nodes are cancer free as well. We love her with all our heart and want her to be around for a long time to come. We feel God is taking care of her and leave her in his more than capable, wonderful, loving hands. I love you MOM! Dad, Tom, Joi, Dave and myself all love you more than you will ever know. Our family appreciates any and all prayers for mom.




We received additional bad news...my dad's sister, Elva Stauffer, passed away last night. If I am correct, she was 91 years old. We love her and her infectious laughter and wit will be missed. The visitation is Sunday, March 9, 2008 from 4:00 pm to 8:00 pm, at Elias Smith Funeral Home in Bethalto, IL. The funeral is Monday, March 10, 2008 at 10:00 a.m. Don & Rick may you have God's peace at this time and know that we are all praying for you.




5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Connie, Your mom will make it through this she is a fighter and tough. You are all in my thoughts and prayers and sorry to hear the loss of your aunt. Jane

Joi said...

We ♥ Maw maw!

She's gonna make it through all of this!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

She is always in my thoughts. I think of her quiet often. Hate seeing any one of my sis's going through this..BUT really hate to see anyone at all go through it. But I will be there when she has surgery Connie if possible. And will talk to ya more later if ya need help after wards..but hope she doesn't have to have Chemo or Rad...either one.
Just let me know ok.
LUV YA AUNTIE LINDA

Anonymous said...

I like this picture of your mom..DIDN'T I TAKE THAT? HA HA
But its a good one..and she looks good in that blue.
Luv auntie Linda

Anonymous said...

Hey cuz! I flinches your pics for MYSPACE! I have started begging all myspace friends for a dontation for my walk in April.

Was gunna ask if you had more :)

LUV! CUZTONYA
myspace.com/divewitch67