Saturday, April 5, 2008

IT PAYS TO COMPLAIN.


Recently I held myself up in bed with my elbow while turning over one night. My sheets just ripped to shreds. This upset me, since the sheets were only approximately 2 years old, were king size sheets that when purchased "on sale" they were still $79.99. I bought these after Christmas to match the comforter set I received for that Christmas. The entire set was from Kohl's and made my Martex. I was upset because they acted like they were dry-rotted. Therefore, I looked Martex up online, wrote an e-mail regarding the above and sent it, not really thinking anyone would even answer. I explained to them I still have sheets my grandma gave my mom, which are still in good shape and that these were pretty expensive to be ripping like this in only 2 years, plus the fact I changed these and didn't use them all the time. Within about 4 weeks I received an e-mail asking me to send them the sheet and if they felt it was the manufacturer's fault, they would replace the sheet. I knew that a new sheet would not match my old one's (because I only mailed in the fitted sheet-the rest were ok.) WELL!!! to my SURPRISE!!! yesterday I received a box in the mail and inside that box was 2-king size pillowcases, 1 king flat sheet and 2 king fitted sheets by Ralph Lauren all in matching patterns. They are not my exact set, but believe it or not, they are actually pretty close to what I previously had!!! As my daughter would say WHOO HOOO!!!!! MARTEX is no longer, from what the woman told me, it is now Westpoint Home, Inc., and it apparently now owns RALPH LAUREN, Westpoint Home, Inc. you ROCK!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey good for you!!!!! Better Sheets I do hope!!!!

differnt subject but Linda gave me some microwave popcorn and inside one bag while i was eating i found a cockabur!!! yes a cockabur!!! wrote an email to con agra foods about actII popcorn and they sent me a coupon for a free popcorn product and said this happens from time to time during the processing.

Anonymous said...

YOU GO NIECY....GOOD! RARELY BUT SOMETIMES SOMETHING COMES OF OUR LETTING THEM KNOW WE ARE VERY DISCONTENT. Glad for ya.
Auntie Linda

Anonymous said...

thanks for letting us know about Uncle... NIecy...and I LUV YOUR MUSIC...I sometimes turn your blog on just to listen..and IN THE GARDEN..is my favorite religious song...and even ELIVS SINGING IT..
and glad you got your sheets replaced.
LUV YA AUNTIE LINDA