Friday, April 18, 2008

As my daughter said, SHAKE, RATTLE & ROLL!

Can you believe it!? Joi is upset because she missed the earthquake! I know, she is my daughter, but... I myselft do not think they are fun at all! I was at work this morning, I heard a rumbling noise, thought it was an unusually loud bus, then a loud crash, thought it was a bus with a stuck accelerator running into the buildin I was sittting in & right behind me. I was sitting in a desk chair, with rollers, my feet on the legs of the chair up off the floor, therefore when the crash happened, YUP! my chair was sent, with me in it, crashing into the desk in front of me. I grabbed the desk and my chair was doing the Watusi!! I looked out the dispatch window in to the lounge area and the walls were doing the HULA! Not my idea of fun. My next thought, EXIT STAGE LEFT! Then all went quiet. My heart was on 90 million beats a minute for about the next hour. My dear daughter, be glad you missed it. I hope to never feel another one, EVER! Then I got to feel the aftershock, enough already! Hopefully no one had any damage. Looking at the news online, seems there was quite a bit of damage in different areas. Hope if you did, you had earthquake insurance. Well, let's hope tonight and from here on out thinks are alot more SOLID!

2 comments:

Joi said...

ok, ok...i know that it probably wasn't exactly fun for you, but since noone seemed to be hurt, i still think i would have liked to feel it, even just a little ;-)

love you, mom and see you tomorrow after spanish lessons!

oh and i officially turned in my papers today...i'll fill you in tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

I'm with you Niecy. I was standing when the worst on the first one. And this HOUSE IS BRICKS..and it was DANCING..not something I wanna feel at all no more. It woke me up and my feet hit the floor. I never knew a brick house could dance. BUT BELIEVE ME THIS ONE DID! And Bobbie my neighbor didn't feel it. She slept through it. SO NO JOI..YOU didn't miss nothing you really wanna experience again!
And I hear you & Shelly has alot of same health problems. Well I'm not sure what it is with her. But I feel if they don't find it its gonna kill my daughter if this keeps up. She is coming up for a month to get out of that trailer in case that's part of it. I know the water there is! anyhow I commented on two things!
LUV YA AUNTIE LINDA
U~FAVORITE~LOL