Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Life As I Know It (Part 2)

  1. Going on my first canoe trip after my senior year with my high school friends, it was great!
  2. Picking daffodils at Easter with both of my grandmas.
  3. Watching my daughter do the backstroke in swim lessons at the YMCA.
  4. Showing up at my daughter's house and finding it was a surprise 50th birthday party for me, thrown by her and David! WOW! 56 of "MY" friends and relatives were there for me, and some had to drive a while to get there! WOW AGAIN!
  5. Hearing Joi say "momma" the first time.
  6. Going to Knott's Berry Farm, missing my dogs, having pictures hidden in my suitcase, driving 2 hours to get the pictures, bring them back, ordering chalk pictures drawn of them and having them shipped from California to home. THEY WERE GREAT. They look as though they could come to life.
  7. In Gatlinburg, going up the ski lift with Mom and Aunt Dooie, both of which were ooohoohing because their legs were hurting from the heights & Joi, Nanette and I laughing at them.
  8. Watching Joi's 6th grade graduation program, with Emily and Rachel.
  9. Seeing the ocean for the very first time!
  10. Driving up to Fern Cliff campsite, the trailer all set up, a campfire going and Jimmy Buffet playing on the radio, then having a wonderful "License to Chill" weekend with just us girls, Cindy, Ellen and Me.
  11. Watching Joi ride her bicycle in the parking lot, and hitting the only thing (a telephone pole) within 20 feet! (Trust me...it was hysterical, just ask David)
  12. Picking up a new poodle puppy, taking him home and leaving him with mom, which she fell in love with, even though she hates dogs. He ended up being "Dino", named by mom, after who else? her fav at the time "Dean Martin".
  13. Walking in to Anderson Hospital ER, after the longest 12 mile drive in my life, and seeing my daughter and she was OK!!!!!!!!!! That was the best site EVER!
  14. Seeing the Washington Memorial, over and over and over and well you had to be there!
  15. Watching the faces of the girls at Joi's surprise 13th birthday trip when they found out that Six Flags was not our destination, but an overnight-in a motel-float trip the next day trip. Then seeing how much they enjoyed the entire trip.
  16. Eating Watermelon Sherbert in Lahaina, Maui on my first trip to Hawaii.
  17. Seeing my daughter get ready for her first Dare Dance.
  18. Driving through Dogwood Canyon and Cedar Creek with Cindy and Ellen, beautiful!
  19. My first slumber party, Betty Brooks checking up on the parents for Cindy to come (finding out the parents were some of her bowling friends), the ride to get pizza in the old Edzell and dad scaring the crap out of Mary Tolan, it was great!
  20. Getting my first collie, Lady.
  21. Keeping one of her puppies and a great dog, SHANE!
  22. Finding a wet muddy little grey mutt, on top of a snow mound, with a leash and collar, at a car wash, with the biggest black eyes, our Dodger Dog!
  23. Seeing my current puppy, Koty right after she was born and looking like a baby pig, but finally getting my first Shih Tzu.
  24. Going to see a small Shih Tzu, free for the taking if we wanted it and finding the most loveable little puppy, GIZMO.
  25. Seeing Joi getting ready to go to her senior prom.

Well this is my second 25, stay tuned, I still have 2 more parts! I challenge my friends reading this to do their list of 100. It really is kind of fun, looking back and remembering all of these wonderful moments of time in your life! Come on everyone, let's see your 100, e-mail me & other friends if you do not have a blog.

1 comment:

Joi said...

good ones, mom!

i ♥ you.