Sunday, August 10, 2008

AM I A DOG GROOMER, OR WHAT!?

GIZMO BEFORE
KOTY BEFORE
KOTY AFTER
GIZMO-1/2 WAY DONE-He got tired and jumped up and run away-notice one side 2-legs are done, the other is not! hehe
GIZMO DONE
Well, I did it! I gave the puppies haircuts! Yep, I took the plunge, dove right in and gave both Koty and Gizmo their haircuts! I kept thinking about saving $75.00! Then I thought, I can do this, what could be so hard? Well, 2 days later and 4 1/2 hours total, I got them both done, even clipping their toenails (this part, much to Koty's dismay!). But whew, they are both done now. Need I say, I did okie dokie, if I must say so myself. I need to even them up some, but I think I will give them a couple of days rest before attempting this part. Of course, I have pics of the little darlings. What do you think?

5 comments:

Joi said...

They look a little scraggly, but not bad for doing it all by yourself.

Saving $$$$ is the best part.

xoxo

Anonymous said...

you did a good job, I do my dog and he loves to have his hair done but he does not like to sit up he likes to lay down and curl up where you cannot shave him, he does not like toe nails done but i do that after bath while they are still soft from water. mine looks scraggly this last time but he has lots more hair he is american eskimo. but yes save all we can is the name of the game nowdays.
jane

Tomcon00 said...

Yeah, I know a little scraggly, but I do not have a clipper attachment long enough to shave the hair evenly, without going right to their skin. I did not want their hair that short. So for scissors, I don't think it was too bad a job. And yes, I saved $$$$$! And Koty is very uncooperative, and Gizmo wants to just laydown and curl up like Jane said. To cut Koty's toenails, was like I was torturing her! Gizmo laid there like he was getting a manicure!

Anonymous said...

Connie i hate the top of my dogs head when i cut them and like you said even with the large type comb for shaving thick hair its hard and you did good my dog looks funny on top but it grows out they never know they look scraggly, but they are cute anyways and its cooler on them.

jane. i will have to send you a pic of one of my cuttings next time.

Anonymous said...

YOU GO GIRL!!! Good for you, I knew you could do it...SO GOOD GOOD GOOD 4~~U !!!