Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Just a BLOG.

Took mom for her blood count check today and everything was A-OK! They told her that the new drug "AMEND" (spelling?) that they are giving her, makes her feel weak longer, but takes away the sick nausea feeling. She's not sure she likes the trade off. Her next chemo is set for July 23 and this is her 4th trip! The doctor will re-evaluate her after this trip and decide whether she stops or goes on 2 more treatments. But, like we all told mom, even if you have to do the 6 trips, you are at the top of the hill, 3 down and 3 more to go! So down hill from here. So keep them prayers a coming, we appreciate each and every one of them.

On the way to her 2 doctor appointments yesterday, Betty Brooks took mom in mom's van and they had a little fender bender. Everyone is ok, just the back bumper on the van has a few ouchies. Some guy in a truck, on wet pavement, could not stop, ran into another car and pushed it into mom and Betty. Dad went and got his second injection in his back (out of 3) yesterday and when he stood up, took a few steps and boom! down he went, his legs gave out! But, he is OKIE DOKIE TOO! So all in all an eventful day, but everyone is ok. Oh, fyi for all, the injections are for his sciatic nerve going down his leg, which is causing him alot of pain. It seems like the injections are working. He has one more to go.

Oh, yeah, I cannot leave out the puppies! They go for their yearly shots tomorrow. Boy, will they like me tomorrow! NOT! I guess everyone has to see doctors! And last but not least, me! I go to the dentist next Wednesday for a 3 hour trip. Two teeth have to be prepared for crowns. YUCK YUCK YUCK YUCK, well you get the picture. So far, Joi, Dave and Tom are all doing great. I AM NOT ONE BIT EXCITED, AT ALL. Well, so much for the catching up. Hope this catches everyone up on our family and that everyone else is doing good and having a great summer!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hope all is well today and hope doggies do not dislike you after thier shots. I do hope your mom and dad are feeling at least a little better and hope the shots work I had my injections after my back surgery. I feel for him back pain is no fun.

I know what you mean yesterday was our last trip to the wound doctor until we need them again and was just bragging we have stayed away from ER and hospital since last Nov. I went to town last night took toots mom with me and came home and my real moms eye was real bloody so decided to take her to the ER our shortest trip ever it was a blood vessel outside side of eye they sent us to eye doctor today and he said as long as it contains itself to the white part its okay but looks awful, but should go away on its own, like a bruise on your arm. Its allways something anymore.

jane