Wednesday, May 21, 2008

WOOOHOOOO!!!! & WOOOOOHOOOOOO!!!!

On the Light side:

DAVID COOK WON!!!! YIPPPEEE!!!! We picked the winner on my vote site too!! WE ARE GOOD!

On the serious side:

Mom had her 1st chemo treatment today, all went well. As of typing this, 9:41 p.m., I just spoke with Mom and as of yet she has not got sick. She is just tired. WOOHOO! She had a rough start, because they check your blood first, her red blood count was down and white count up. This means she has infection somewhere, but she did not feel bad or have anything she knew of. We had to wait for them to notify the doctor and to get his "go ahead" on the chemo. Once he said yes, they had to prepare her medicines, and she had 2 people in line ahead of her. Once they started, she had a leak, therefore it took longer than it should have, but all in all, I think it went great for her. She said that she didn't even feel it when they put the needle into the power port, that made her happy (NO IV!) SO WAY TO GO MOM! WE LOVE YOU! and GOD, WE LOVE YOU AND THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING!

P.S. No one answered me regarding the cancer walk, therefore we will be signed up by tomorrow. (I know I said tonight, but I forgot that I had to watch the 2 hour American IDOL! I forgot it was on tonight.) Entry is $25 per person again this year. Joi and I will pick up the t-shirts again this year. We cannot wait to see everyone there this year! It really is awesome!

3 comments:

Joi said...

Yay Maw Maw!

Anonymous said...

Connie I did not get any email from you regarding the cancer walk I have been talking to your mom though and I am going to be there and will send you my money been waiting on your email to print and give to aunt norma

jane

Anonymous said...

OOPS DID NOT SEE POST FROM TUESDAY!!!! MUST HAVE POSTED IT AFTER I READ YOUR BLOG. SORRY!!!!!!

JANE